Thursday, July 29, 2004

 
From Darren Barefoot, via City Comforts: this [DB's Post]. Well if the products are nearly the same, why not the advertising?

Whilst meandering round blogs, I happened to notice there's been a plague of birthdays recently, in addition to four of friends and family [including mine. BTW when does one get old enough to start lying about such things?]. There's David Sucher at City Comforts, Anna the Jinglelady, Priscilla in Portuguese [via GfB], and someone else I can't remember now. And that's just the cluster round the 25th. One year I think I got it right, and had a different person's birthday party each weekend throughout the summer.

Whereas this year I missed one by being ill, one wasn't a party, one is postponed, and one is in the middle of my holiday.

And speaking of birthdays, here's...there's no possible way I can segue this is there? Drainspotting. Oh, just thought of one. My brother got Trainspotting the film from someone for one of his birthdays [IMDB, of course, use the US imagery, not the classic poster. Tut-tut] . In that film, Ewan McGregor disappears down a toilet. Toilets drain into sewage pipes. Sewage pipes have manhole covers. Which gets us to Drainspotting.

Which given I commented on the CA. T.V. manhole covers near my brother's place (we don't have them here, as the cable company decided not to do most of the town), probably means I should like this site. Oooh, one with a map. Now I wonder if they align it with north? [My god, ours never get this adventurous].

All this is strangely reminiscent of A' level physics, and teachers making poor jokes about the word "ductile" [as in malleable and..., not as in the brand of manhole covers which say "DUCTILE", meaning the tile over a duct].

Now I want to go and see what the two in the garden say [yes, we have a sewer beneath our garden, and yes that's probably why the apple tree suddenly started growing rapidly and fruiting madly once it hit a certain size].

Anyhoo,

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?