Sunday, September 12, 2004

 
Rain on glassAh, the wonder that is the late English summer [1].

I had washing out. I had just thought that it was still looking very bright, considering the weatherman [2] said it would be raining for most of this morning. It doesn't look like there's any rain around.

3 minutes later. [Swearing]. Frantically gather the washing in, standing in the middle of a mini-monsoon. I am literally pummelled by the rain. Not nice. And then it stops, and I've still got three socks to go. That's just being rude.

And due to some quirk of physics, the clothes I'm wearing are wetter than the ones that were hanging up in the rain.

[1] Now which version of "late" did I mean?
[2] Who is new, and ever so slightly camp. It's the constantly far-flung eyebrows that get to me. Maybe he's the latest attempt to counter weatherblindness - an affliction that means the viewer sits through the weather forecast, and once it's over realises they have no idea what the weather is going to be. Basically think Sian Lloyd [as pointed out by 2DTV]. And having said that, I now realise I have no idea who he was - pick a name, any name. I think it might have been him, but I can't tell until I see him swooshing the horrid rain around. Oh, he's from US TV, that explains it.

---
Good god.

Somehow I was looking the other way when this came along: William Shatner covers Common People by Pulp.

It's the type of thing that would even have a rock whimpering in the corner. The Shatman doesn't bother singing, he just reads the words out, in a voice that's having problems with the autocue. And despite this being theoretically music, his timing is ghastly - which, given this is a Pulp song, crushes some of the best parts.

This concept was obviously nicked straight from Cas-Av, but I can't get the benfolds.org link to work, so here it is from another source.

Pretty darn hideous. But at least it wasn't Hasselhoff. I can't figure out if the video in the first result is the real thing, or simply a B3tad version, which I originally assumed it was.

Is this where I discover that George Clooney's music is big in Korea?

I was joking when I said that. Yet Google tells me that there's some odd CD which features someone called George Clooney (no idea if it's the right one). And Amazon. sells a few CDs of his, though admittedly they are just voice recordings. Including a curious one called CD Clock. Is that just a CD of Mr Clooney reading out every time in existence? At the third stroke the time will be four nineteen p.m. precisely. For those who think a Bart Simpson answerphone message is a bit infra dig.

Anyway, I'd better get back to stressing out every dog for miles around, by using the scanner. Which I've discovered doesn't actually scan all the way up to the edge of the glass, which is where the alignment marks are.

Anyhoo,

PS. From the "and in other news" section (well it ought to be): Horseshoe sale for flood village. They do things differently in Cornwall.

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?