Wednesday, September 08, 2004

 
Hello Language Loggers.

About that post, and Mark Liberman's comments upon it.

Having spent a while trying to figure quite what it is that I did wrong, I can now announce that it wasn't a joke (if only it were). I think it was probably the dyslexia kicking in. That, and my laziness in not checking the correct version. I'm now acutely embarrassed.

Sorry for mangling your term.

Egghorn ... eggcorn - let's call the whole thing off.

The panhagglety thing, with the umpteen multiple spellings, was a blatant attempt at boosting search engine hits. Being a Googlewhack can be useful.

Anyway, I hope you'll forgive my error [or my obviously intentional witty subversion. Maybe].

Anyhoo,

Hey, I think you should go with "intentionally witty subversion." I certainly didn't mean to embarrass you -- if I didn't have Geoff Pullum to correct my typos and spelling errors, I'd be at constant risk of mortification myself.

And the panhagglety recipe sounds really good, though I haven't dared to try it yet.

-Mark Liberman
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?